Saturday, January 24, 2015

sometimes we eat fast food

Sometimes I feed my three-year-old daughter McDonald’s. And by sometimes, I don’t mean occasionally or rarely. I mean about once a week. And what’s worse? I eat fast food about three times as often as she does.

Writing those sentences just now gave me some serious anxiety. Because in a world of Paleo diets, organic freezer meals and green smoothies, I feel like I might as well have just told you that I feed my family drain cleaner. And some of you are probably thinking, “Well, she’s not too far off!”


See, therein lies the problem...


Read the rest of the post here!

5 comments:

  1. This made me laugh because I'm the same way! Driving through chick-fila numerous times a week because I don't have time to eat when we are at home. Gotta be moving all the time! Momma shaming and judgment is hard. I feel ya! But we do what we gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone should give you kudos and a standing ovation for things like remembering to feed everyone in the family at all. I mean unless he begs, Sterling regularly gets forgotten, so I can't imagine keeping up with so many feeding schedules. Plus, sometimes I just want a blizzard, you know. To heck with green smoothies. You're doing a great job and you're a fabulous mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet grace is a precious thing. It's so important to extend it - esp to other mamas. About food. Or parenting. Or a hundred other things... Thanks, Em, for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family also eats fast foods and I even call for delivery service sometimes. It’s a total treat when I ask for delivery but I make it sure that there’s a salad or steam veggies I can prepare in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how much we have in common sometimes. This resonated so much with me, particularly because of my experience working in a center for women with eating disorders. I want so badly for food to be enjoyable and offer freedom for my littles. I also struggle with all the food shaming and such going on in social media, good grief!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...